Thursday, January 1, 2009

Family & Friends







One of the things I missed most during my hectic days at Darden are those just-hanging-out moments with family and friends. Luckily, I've had ample time and opportunity for that over winter break. During much of my time in Tokyo, I explored the city with my mom, stepdad and 17-year-old sister. Once I returned stateside, I was a bridesmaid in my best friend's wedding. And, this past week, I took a trip up to New England with my boyfriend. Throughout it all, it's been wonderful to reconnect. Rather than trying to fit phone conversations in between learning team and case prep, I actually got to sit down face-to-face with the ones I love. During extended lunches, car rides and shopping trips, our conversations ranged from serious to silly and giggly to tearful (weddings bring out all kinds of emotions).

For me, these talks have acted as much-needed reminders of how full my life is. While business school can often feel like the end-all, be-all, it really isn't. Out here in the real world, I'm not just a Darden first-year. I'm also a daughter, sister, friend and significant other. And each of those roles is important to me.






No comments: