Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Packing up

After a relaxing two and a half week break from Charlottesville, I have returned and now face the dreaded task of packing. Picture this: two open suitcases, a bed full of clothes and shoes strewn everywhere. Sigh. You'd think that after more than a dozen moves, I'd learn how to pack efficiently, but given the state of my bedroom, this is clearly not the case. Like my mother, I'm an over packer -- especially when it comes to months-long relocations. And that's what this is. On Thursday, I depart for a three-month stint in D.C. where I have a business development internship with a large media company. I'm pretty excited. Not only am I interning in an industry I love, but I've been assigned a great project and have the opportunity to live in a city I've always liked.
The only hurdle, of course, is filling these suitcases.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Totally understand... have an office full of boxes and I'm moving in 4 days... It would probably be easier if I weren't already trying to decide what will fit in my Civic for the drive down to C'ville.

Good luck with the internship!