Saturday, November 15, 2008

Faculty chats

Recently, Darden's faculty was named number one in the nation. But here's a confession: apart from my in-class interactions with my professors, I didn't really take advantage of this resource at all last quarter.
This quarter, however, I have. Motivated in part by a few less-than-stellar participation grades, I started sending emails to my professors asking to meet with them. So far, my trips to the faculty office building have been incredibly rewarding. Not only have my professors listened to my concerns, they've made real efforts to understand where I'm coming from and offered helpful advice. Given my relatively quiet disposition, these one-on-one meetings have gone a long way in increasing my comfort (and maybe even confidence) in class. I'm still far chatty, but more and more I'm starting to come out of my shell.

No comments: