Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Black November

... sounds ominous, huh? And maybe a little over dramatic? Well that's what I thought when I first heard the phrase. "How hard could it be," I thought to myself, "I've been in the working world! I know rigor!"
Oh, the naivete...
What with 36-hour simulations, recruiting events that go long into the night, chapters of reading, cover letter deadlines, WACC calculations and a persistent sniffle, this month has been bad. As in, no sleep bad. Grumpy all the time bad. Constant headache bad. Baaaad.
Thankfully, the end is near. Though I often find it hard to think beyond the next day's caseload, I managed to check my Outlook calendar yesterday and realized that I'm halfway through with this dreaded month. And just days away from Thanksgiving and a blessed 5-day reprieve from class!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Read your last 3 posts...all good stuff! So spot-on w/your assessment of this experience. Trust me, I've felt most (if not all) of the things you've conveyed. On 12/1, I will coin a new term: TGID - "Thank Goodness it's December". :)