Sunday, September 20, 2009

Family Day


... this year, with family!

Each year in the fall, when Charlottesville is at its prettiest, Darden welcomes its students' families to Grounds. Last year, my family couldn't make it and I had to watch enviously as many of my first-year peers proudly introduced the school to their parents, siblings, spouses, etc. This year, however, my mom and stepdad drove down from East Greenwich, RI, setting up camp in my one-bedroom apartment. Despite the tight squeeze, they had a great time.

On Family Day, they sat in on classes (Valuation and Leading Strategic Change), met my friends and professors and admired the school's column lined courtyards. On Saturday, we went wine-tasting, drove around Crozet and engaged in some good, old-fashioned bonding.
It was a wonderful weekend: one that reminded me not only of how much I enjoy my parents' company, but of how fond I am of Darden and how much I like showing it off.

1 comment:

JulyDream said...

Last year, family day was too close to Thanksgiving. This year, my mom had a girls trip planned. Maybe graduation!?

Happy you had fun. :)