Thursday, September 17, 2009

Dear First Years,

I have to admit, when I first saw you walking the halls, crowding the bar at TNDC and pushing your way en masse to First Coffee, I was a little wary. I mean, I'd just spent an entire year getting to know everyone at Darden, and now, with the 09's departure and your arrival, half the school was again a mystery. I probably took a few days (... or more ...) to get re-acclimated; to make peace with all the unfamiliar faces; to learn the personalities behind those shiny silver name tags.
Yet over the past couple of weeks, you've won me over. In a whirlwind of club events, Pepsico Forum run-ins and FY-SY Peer lunch dates, I've gotten to know several of you and, despite my early trepidation, I've really liked those of you I've met. You're great additions to the Darden community and I'm excited to see what you contribute. So, welcome ... belatedly.

1 comment:

JulyDream said...

Great post lady!! :) I definitely know what you're talking about.