Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Post-presentation work

With my final presentation done, life at the office has entered a new phase. Gone is the feeling of intense pressure once so palpable atop my shoulders. Gone too is the compulsive need to update my PowerPoint decks every 15 minutes. Now, I just have ... work. With a week and a half remaining in my internship, my presentation may have signaled a peak in my summer workload, but it certainly didn't mark the end of it. Today, for example, I had three different meetings on three different projects (two of which I presented on last Friday and one of which is new).

Without the all-consuming stress of my presentation bearing down on me, this return to routine has been a relief. I've gotten the opportunity to work on another new product concept and through it, investigate a couple new marketing channels and meet with a few new faces around the company. But it's also been pretty busy. As I realized during an 8 a.m. Monday chat with my boss, the real world offers no post-presentation reprieve, no prolonged pat-on-the-back. It's simply back to work. Until of course, it's back to school.

No comments: