Friday, July 31, 2009

Final presentation

For many MBA interns, the summer's work culminates in a big, make-or-break final presentation to company execs. It's a chance to show off the work you've done, bask in some c-level exposure and leave a lasting (and hopefully positive) impression. My final presentation was Friday. And I'm not going to lie, it was a pretty nerve-wracking experience. In the weeks prior, I'd met with employees throughout the firm, fine-tuned business and marketing plans for a new product concept and slaved over dozens of PowerPoint slides. By the time Friday rolled around, I thought I was ready. I'd done five run-throughs, practiced with the projector and clicker and written out my talking points. It still didn't quell my nerves. I think I literally shook as I walked to the front of the boardroom to deliver my presentation ... and then, 45 minutes later, it was done. And the relief set in. While I wasn't sure I handled the Q&A part of my presentation as well as I could have. It was done. I'd achieved one more milestone in my MBA journey.
To celebrate, I went home, poured myself a generous glass of wine and got ready for a weekend that, when compared with my Friday, could only be restful and relaxing.

2 comments:

JulyDream said...

Congrats!! One step closer!! :D

Anand said...

Congrats! I am sure you did great. Looks like you had prepared well.