Sunday, August 23, 2009

Back in Charlottesville

I'm a week into my second year at Darden and I'd just like to take the opportunity to dispel the notion that second year is a breezy, golf-filled float to graduation. True, I no longer have 15-case weeks, or hours-long learning team meetings, but I still spend a ton of time on-Grounds (maybe even more than last year!). Each day this week there has been reading to catch up on (in some cases, entire books), bonds to price, club meetings to attend and events to help plan. And to think my expectation was to have wide open gaps in my Outlook calendar!

Yet while the schedule and pace may not have improved, my ability to manage those things certainly has. One of the greatest skills I think we acquire here at Darden is the ability to prioritize what needs to get done, focus in the free hours we have and quickly jump from one thing to the next.

No comments: