Sunday, June 28, 2009

Weekend in NY

While I love getting to know DC - my temporary home - summer wouldn't be summer without a few weekends away. This past weekend, I went up to New York to spend time with my boyfriend and also, to enjoy a girls' day out with one of my closest Darden girlfriends. I'd been looking forward to the trip for weeks, in large part because of the aforementioned "girl time." Now, for the male readers of my blog [if there are any ... or even any readers :) ], "girl time" is what we call those sacred hours spent gabbing and giggling ... when the conversation flows as freely as the wine (or in our case, the mimosas) and covers topics as various as work pressures, family issues, boy drama (little to report, thankfully!) and life's little embarrassments. Often, it includes a meal or some stereotypically female activity, like shopping. Since my friend and I hadn't seen each other in what seemed like ages, but was really maybe a month, we decided to include both. Saturday kicked off with brunch and mimosas served, literally, by the pitcher. Then it was off to the shops where we spent some of our hard earned paychecks pumping up the city's retail sales figures. Finally, we capped the day off with a visit to Magnolia's Bakery and a couple scoops of gelato. Perfect.

No comments: