Thursday, October 2, 2008

Finals season

I'm about 12 hours away from my first Darden final and I'll probably get about 45 minutes more studying in before I settle into pre-exam relaxation mode ... that's right, relaxation mode.

I've always been a great believer in the benefits of a good night's rest. I don't cram. And really, I'm not sure cramming would help me any with my upcoming Marketing test. First, it's open note, so there's no need to memorize equations or concept definitions. Second, because of the case method, I've internalized (or at least, I hope I have) a lot of the course material through application and class discussion. And third, there's no way of predicting what kind of mini-case I may see when I open my test file in the morning.

... Not that I don't have my apprehensions. This is my first business school exam, after all, and I want to do well. It's just that by this time in my life, I've figured out what works for me: 8 hours of blissful, uninterrupted slumber.

No comments: