Tuesday, October 14, 2008

... and then there was one


One final, that is. And when it ends (3 p.m. tomorrow!!!!), my first round of Darden exams will be done. I'm counting the hours.
Because here's the thing with finals season. Without class or late night learning team meetings, I have a lot more time to myself. I go to the gym, I visit the grocery store, I spend quality time with my boys (cats Karl and Angus), I blog. But I also spend long hours anticipating the next test.
I am, by nature, a chronic worrier. I stress out about things big (go to school? or keep working?) and small (does my watch match my earrings? if it doesn't, will people notice?). And as a result, I've spent the past two weeks in a steady state of anxiety. Not tear-your-hair-out anxiety, but rumble-in-the-stomach, underlying-sense-of-tension anxiety. And I cannot wait to be rid of it.
To heighten the anticipation, emails started circulating a couple days ago advertising end-of-exam happy hours and socials. It'll be fascinating to see what happens when people start streaming out of the library and into the bars. Chances are, I won't be the only one with a little more pep in my step.

No comments: