Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Small victories

Far too often I leave class still trying to get my head around the day's lessons. Today, however, was different. I have no idea how it happened, but I achieved clarity ... in all three of the classes I had today.
This is so rare, it deserves comment. Maybe even repetition (clarity!).
Now, I'm not saying I've mastered DA, Operations or Accounting -- far, far from it. I'm just saying that for the first time in what feels like ages, things clicked. And, as my eyes scanned from laptop screen to blackboard, a sense of contentment and even confidence pushed out the usual horror and confusion. At Darden, I've realized, these small victories need to be celebrated. I may even take an hour and go to the gym.

2 comments:

Christof Meyer said...

Small victories...

I really like the sound of that. Like right now I could really go for a small victory, but instead I'm up at 2:00AM working on a Powerpoint presentation that's due tomorrow morning. A small victory would be getting my pictures to load faster. Yeah, that would be nice. Or perhaps just quitting and at least getting more than 6 hours of sleep (for once would be nice too).

Anyway it's nice to know that someone else at Darden is doing well. Nice blog.

Jackie said...

Great blog, Angela! You may (or may not) be suprised that a lot of us (me included) share the same feelings (re: sleep, balance, asking for help, etc.). That's the beauty of this experience--it's a shared one that forms amazing bonds...once we open up!

Love your blog.