Sunday, April 11, 2010

Three more weeks!


According to various status updates on Facebook, there are a mere three weeks left in my Darden career. In preparation, I've gone through all the necessary motions: I've submitted my cap and gown sizing information, made graduation weekend dinner reservations, donated to the Second Year Gift and earned the required Leadership credit (like a Boy Scout badge, but no flare!). And yet ... I'm just not ready to say goodbye. Clearly, my boyfriend is feeling this too. Coming into Q4, he sat me down and told me he wanted to get everything he could out of his remaining weeks in Charlottesville and at Darden. This, he explained sweetly, would involve taking afternoon golf lessons, visiting all local vineyards and breweries, and attending every single Darden-related social event, from the highly-anticipated Foxfield Races, to the random Huntington Village barbecue. I, of course, agreed that this sounded like a phenomenal plan. Which bring us to now ... it's mid-afternoon on a gorgeous, 70 degree day. Over the past three days, my boyfriend and I attended Darden's Spring Social at the Jefferson (an awesome event featuring live music at a recently renovated old theater on the Downtown Mall); won Darden's inaugural squash tournament (well, he did); went wine tasting and picnicking at King Family Vineyard in Crozet; and played a sorry round of cornhole by the light of some tiki torches. All in all, a very-Charlottesville, very-Darden weekend. Perhaps tuckered out from all this activity, or simply having put his Fear Of Missing Out to rest, Jesse is now hard at work on a paper (he just asked me how to spell "contentious," so I know he's actually working). Some of us still haven't earned our Leadership Credit.

1 comment:

N. Nagajyothi said...

I just ran across your blog today. Congratulations on joining Darden School. I'm planning on applying to business school in the near future. Reading about your experiences at Darden has inspired me. And congrats for winning the squash tournament at the Darden.

I've been reading lots of MBA blogs recently and have a suggestion for how this blog can reach to many other needful B-school applicants. Beat The GMAT, which is a very active GMAT/MBA site, recently launched a blog directory (http://www.beatthegmat.com/blogs/all) to promote MBA blogs. If you add your blog to their blog directory, a lot more people like me will find your blog!

Please keep posting great stuff!