Monday, April 19, 2010

Getting ready for the big move

When not trying to milk every last drop of fun out of our last weeks in Charlottesville, Jesse and I have begun sizing up the painful challenge that is moving from Central Virginia to Brooklyn, New York. This is a task that falls squarely under the "not-fun" category of pre-graduation activities. Like everyone I have ever met in my life, I hate moving. It involves tedious packing; carrying large, heavy objects; and worst of all, negotiating tight spaces while relying on the guidance of loved ones. Gross.
Add to this, a very strict budget, and the prospect of a 6-hour U-Haul drive, and it's almost enough to make me give up on our big city dreams and remain here in Charlottesville forever.
Such a decision is, of course, highly impractical. While allowing me to keep my lovely, "seafoam blue" sofa exactly where it is, it would mean missing out on this "empire state of mind" I've heard so much about. And a new life with my significant other. So ... U-Haul it is.

No comments: