Monday, October 12, 2009

3 more quarters to go! No!

This afternoon I handed in a take-home final, a paper and two projects and in that one trip to the Faculty Office Building, officially ended my first quarter of second-year. Instead of the usual post-exam euphoria, however, I felt kind of sad about the whole thing. I mean, with one quarter done, and only three more ahead of me, it's just a matter of months until I'm out of Darden and back in the real world. And I'm just not sure I'm ready for that.
See, Darden is like a wonderful cocoon. Sure, we feel job pressure and suffer through late night project work and presentation meetings, but we also spend our waking hours surrounded by our best friends, learning truly interesting things, protected by the student safety-net.
For almost a year and a half I've reveled in this free and easy existence. Yet now I'm starting to feel the clock tick down. All of a sudden, I'm worrying about finding a full-time job, moving to a new city, covering my looming loan payments -- all of the adult issues I'd managed to avoid while here in business school. And it's scary.
So ... who wants a Ph.D?

1 comment:

JulyDream said...

Last I heard, Ed was seriously considering it!