Thursday, November 5, 2009

A night out with the girls

This past Tuesday, I enjoyed a regular night out with five of my favorite Darden ladies. Over dinner and wine we talked about Halloween misadventures, complained about problem sets and offered each other relationship advice. Pretty typical. But as chatter turned to the future, I realized how much I'd miss my girls when we parted ways post-graduation. Happy as I was to toast job offers and signing bonuses, I couldn't help but feel a twinge of sadness that none of my friends' jobs were likely to take them to the Northeast.

I've said here many times how much I value the tight-knit Darden community and in particular, my close circle of friends. And it's true. I really believe that some of the best things I'll take away with me come May are the relationships I've made here ... well that, and a massive diploma.

The silver lining? As we were contemplating the menu at Maya ($12 Tuesdays!), I looked across the restaurant and spotted a table full of first-year women. Like us, they'd traded an extra hour with their cases for a little girl bonding. Nice choice, ladies.

No comments: